LOCATION: The Salvation Army - Kroc Center - Phoenix, AZ
POSITION SUMMARY: The Teen Mentor Position is responsible for assisting the Youth Ministry Lead in planning, developing and executing Friday teen program weekly. This position will conduct devotional thoughts and lead assigned Bible Study small groups. Teen Mentor's will assist with setting-up and tear down of venue after each program meeting and may be tasked with providing transportation for teens. This position will also be responsible for following all Protecting the Mission policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have at least one year of demonstrable experience in working with teens.
- Preferred experience in evangelism, mentoring, and discipleship.
- Required CPR/First Aid/AED certification at hire, or ability to be certified within 30 days of hire.
- Must have a positive attitude toward work, helping others and caring for teens.
- Must demonstrate Christian conduct and character, especially when providing care for teens.
- Must be theologically aligned with The Salvation Army’s Christian doctrines.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must take and retain PTM protocols in providing direct service to children.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to understand written information.
Mission Statement: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.