Summer Camp Program Assistant
LOCATION: NW Valley Corps
STATUS: PT Temporary
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will help to grow and maintain a thriving youth program by being prepared and willing to teach youth programs involving life skills, Christian thought, bible lessons and VBS classes. The Summer Camp Assistant will mentor, equip, train, and teach the youth that come to our Day Camp, troops, and/or youth programs. The SCPA will help execute daily youth meetings, lessons, and youth outings on a regular basis.
- Organizational skills
- High School diploma, GED or working toward such goal
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Experience in Salvation Army programs and youth programs.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of, and give competent instruction in, Salvation Army doctrine.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Valid Arizona driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Be able to keep confidential matters and materials confidential
- Must be motivated and a self starter
- Must be a Team Player and be Dependable
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate youth programs
- Ability to work and conduct business in a professional manner
- Have a good Christian witness
- Microsoft Word and Excel is helpful
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.