North Las Vegas, NV
Location: The Salvation Army – Owens Campus
· Maintain the Day Resource Center dormitories as a safe and sanitary environment for homeless guests
· Responsible for complete operation of all laundry as well as distribution
· Monitor Day Resource Center facility on a regular basis; physically checking all areas of the Day Resource Shelter and/or dormitories at a minimum of one time every two hours
· Assist the homeless with facility check-in, Triage forms, HMIS forms and other documents.
· Input HMIS data
· Supervise Vocational clients performing Pre-Employment training
· Supervise volunteers and community service workers
· Refer homeless participants to community resources as needed.
- Attend staff meetings
· Effectively record and document sales transactions and payment for bed sheet information, bed rentals, and laundry services
· Prepare and process statistical reports in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain a written log documenting routine inspections and times, activities, property conditions and infractions of policy
Other duties as assigned as they relate to the position of Shelter Monitor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum six-months experience working with the homeless population in an emergency shelter environment
- Computer literate - in Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to communicate with clients, co-workers, volunteers, and supervisor efficiently and effectively
· Detail oriented in organizational and file management protocols
· Ability to work and excel on a collaborative team
· Ability to be self-motivated and address multiple projects in a timely manner
· Ability to take projects from beginning through completion
· Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license with a clean driving record, pass a motor vehicle record check, and pass The Salvation Army Fleet Safety training
- Bilingual is preferred (English/Spanish)
· Ability to work varying shifts
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to focus. The employee must have the ability to operate a telephone, desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.