Janitor / Light Maintenance Worker
LOCATION: Salvation Army Mesa Corps
STATUS: Full Time/32 hrs. per week
POSITION SUMMARY: The Janitor/Light Maintenance Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all bathrooms, kitchen sinks, counters and toilets. This position will also vacuum all carpeted areas and empty all trash receptacles in multiple areas. Will dust furniture and clean glass doors and windows inside and out. Maintenance duties will include basic maintenance and repairs of Corps vehicles, checking vans gas, oil levels, and cleaning inside and outside of vehicles.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have experience in janitorial setting
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
- Must have the ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual with the ability to relate well to Adults, Seniors, and Children
- Must be in good health, be physically, mentally, and occupationally capable of performing assigned tasks
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.