LOCATION: Salvation Army Tempe Corps - Tempe, AZ
POSITION SUMMARY: The Case Manager will interview clients for Family/Individual service assistance and submit proper paperwork and forms into SAP. This position will greet people at the office and take appropriate intake procedures. This position is responsible for producing monthly reports, statistics and monthly allocations to all programs under there supervision to ensure compliance with State and Federal contractual obligations. The Case Manager will also assist with other programs including: Christmas Angel, Christmas Kettle, the annual Thanksgiving meal and the Backpack SOS program.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field w/ CISW or CPC certification
- 2 – 5 years case management experience in a non-profit setting
- Knowledge of Salvation Army policies and procedures preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite, Access and TSA Social Service Software
- Possess a valid AZ Drivers’ License with a clean driving record
- Experience in procedures for the following: Food Stamps, DES Assistance, Project SHARE, Vouchers
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to pass The Salvation Army’s Fleet Safety e-learning
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.